【口语版】"睁一只眼闭一只眼"英语怎么说?
Description
欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获得10节精品视频学习课程
全面提高听力,发音,口语
帮你告别哑巴英语 一步步开口“说”英语
A: The boss knows John is logging off early these days.B: I know. But he's turning a blind eye because John is our top performer.A: Still, if he turns a blind eye to the rules for one person, it's not fair.B: I guess sometimes it's better to turn a blind eye to keep the team happy.
翻译:
A: 老板知道约翰最近每天都提前下班。B: 我知道。但他对此睁一只眼闭一只眼,因为约翰是我们的业绩冠军。A: 尽管如此,如果他为了某个人就对规则睁一只眼闭一只眼,这是不公平的。B: 我觉得有时候为了维持团队开心,最好还是睁一只眼闭一只眼。
⭐Turn a blind eye (to something)
️The government cannot turn a blind eye to pollution problems.
政府不能对污染问题视而不见。
️My parents turn a blind eye when I eat a little junk food.
我吃点垃圾食品时,我父母会睁一只眼闭一只眼。
️It's wrong to turn a blind eye to bullying.
对霸凌行为放任不管是错误的。
⭐Look the other way
这个表达也很形象,字面意思是“看向另一边”,引申为“假装没看见”,尤其指对错误或违规行为不予追究。
️Sometimes it's easier to just look the other way.
有时候装作没看见反而更省事。
️The boss looked the other way when I left work early yesterday.
昨天我早退时,老板睁一只眼闭一只眼。
️You can't just look the other way when you see someone stealing.
当你看到有人偷东西时,你不能袖手旁观。
⭐log off
退出登录状态;下线
️I'm logging off for the day. See you tomorrow!
我今天要下班了,明天见!
️I can't log off because I haven't finished the report.
我还不能下班,因为报告还没写完。